Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Day 63 - The Feeling

"I could feel the presence of God."

We aren't led by feelings.I know when I go to church that God is there. It is after all His house. God promises to inhabit the praises of His people and wherever two or more are gathered in His name there He is in our midst. I don't need feelings to know God is in church with me but it is nice to have feelings accompany what I know. 

I believe that God enjoys giving us those feelings of happiness and excitement to partner with the fruit of faith and joy. It is in these moments that our cup runs over. We would have been satisfied with the fact or the faith but God gives the feelings as an overflow. 

How sad love would be without emotion? How cold and impersonal relationships, family and life in general would be. Live by faith, make wise decisions but don't miss out on the icing on the cake.

How do you balance fact, faith and feelings? Have you ever felt the presence of God and it confirmed your faith or blessed you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment