Friday, December 18, 2015

Day 353 - Again and Again

"It was just like last year with a few changes."

I have talked a lot on this blog about how our year seems to repeat itself on the same day doing the same thing. I have also talked about the traditions of our lives and how the routines can actually be helpful.

Today I want to focus on the changes that need to happen. Even with a cyclic year and the routines and traditions we have to change. God wants to grow our lives and growth means change. 

Think about it this way; if you encountered the same series of events but kept your natural time and aging process the scenarios you face would be different. Why? Because you are different. As you grow older your physical body would respond to the same challenges in different ways. 

Now get yourself back into reality. When you approach the times and seasons of life each day, week, month and year you are different. Not just physically but also mentally and spiritually. Hopefully we have learned something over the course of the year and don't repeat the mistakes of the past. I don't want to be the same man I was last year nor do I want to be the same Christian I was last year. I want to be better!

In order for that to happen I have to change. I have to allow the growth that God produces through trial and hardship to take me to new levels. I have to learn the lessons and not forget. I have to walk in the Spirit and allow the life of Christ to make me into His image. I have to pray and let God do His work in and through me. 

When we come to repetitive times and seasons we have to look at them with the fresh eyes of how we will respond this time around. Christmas is one week away. Did you have a good Christmas last year? How can you make it better? Did you have a bad Christmas last year? What can you do this year to fix that?  

Change is necessary and wonderful. All our lives we will be growing. I guess you could say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it; but see if you can make it better."

What do you see that hinders change and growth? How can we promote growth?

No comments:

Post a Comment