Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Day 350 - Unexpected Blessings

"I bought A. A. Milne's book “When we were very young” thinking it was about Winnie the Pooh again but it turned out to be a book of poetry. At first we were disappointed but then while looking at the pictures I started reading some of the poems and the kids got into it. Soon they were laughing and enjoying the poems. One especially where the kid was walking on the squares and avoiding the lines so that the Bears wouldn't eat him."

I have often ventured out thinking that something was a certain way and have been surprised to find something else. I can see that throughout the year it has been a reoccurring theme in my life and in my writing. Yesterday's post is proof of that. 

Today I see another side of this thought. There are unexpected blessings on the path we take. It is as if God is up the road leaving gifts along the way for us to find. I am sure He delights to see how we will respond when we find His hand at work in our life and the blessings enjoyed. 

The unexpected blessing of the book I bought last year was not the fact that we enjoyed a book. The real blessing was that I was expecting to put my kids to bed with a story as I normally would and instead found laughter, joy and shared memories with my children. Money can't buy that blessing. 

We may think we are cooking dinner, walking into a meeting or going grocery shopping. If our steps are ordered of the Lord, and they are, then we can be assured that there will be divine appointments and unexpected blessings as we walk in His ways. The blessings of friendship, marriage, parenting, prosperity and success await. 

Have you found any unexpected blessings on the path lately? Should we expect blessings?

No comments:

Post a Comment