Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Day 56 - The Song of the Heart

"'Open our eyes Lord; we want to see Jesus.' This line from an old song came to mind after reading tonight's devotional. The desire for Christ should be our highest. It should move us, prioritize our lives, keep us and eventually bless us. They that seek shall find! And what a delight to find the One who is perfect, love incarnate, and the lover of my soul. My aim has been off. My focus blurred by things in the periphery. Thank you Lord for a realignment."

How refreshing to hear the songs of the heart. Whether it comes from a devotional, a scripture, or another song, it takes you to a place of intimacy. I think of Moses and Mary and others in the Bible who had songs bursting forth from their hearts. After battles and victories and of the greatest news of the coming Messiah spring out of their mouths. The richness of doctrine, prophecy and joy overwhelm. 

As I look at that one line that I remembered last year and the wealth of what it did for me then I see how God uses music, melody and repetition to place in our hearts His song and His plans. At the right moment my spirit was in tune and was singing a song I once sang and it ministered to me. What a delight. 

What song ministers to you? Have you ever had a song just rise out of your heart? 

No comments:

Post a Comment