Friday, February 6, 2015

Day 38 - Late Night Parenting

"The kids stayed up later then they should and were besides themselves by the time we got home. Just another reminder why we as parents stopped staying out late. We reminisced about the days where 11 pm was our starting point. Of coarse that was before kids and a lot of responsibility. Times have changed."

I don't care what anyone says, routines are a parent's stability and sanity. The baby stage of life prepares the parent to be tired so that they appreciate putting the kids to bed at a decent hour. I have heard a lot of trendy talk about breaking out of the routine. I get it...I do it from time to time when needed and with certain things. But when it comes to enduring tears and rage from my children I would rather have a 'bed time'. 

Some of the most freeing verses in the Bible for me contained the simple words "as was his custom". These words refer to both Jesus and the apostle Paul. If they had customs then it may not be a bad thing to have a routine. I believe God works with us. Think about it; God created all the systems of earth, space, time, biology, etc. 

God also created parenting...and sleep. 

What systems or routines help you from day to day? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment