Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Day 35 - I Just Don't Care

"I had bean dip and chips for dinner. Not sure how healthy that is or is not but whatever."

Often on busy days and some lazy ones an attitude of "I don't care" settles in. That is not always bad unless you think having chips and dip for dinner is bad. My wife confesses that when I stay long at the office she and the kids have cereal for dinner. I don't mind that if they had eggs and bacon for breakfast. Somehow in my mind it makes a well rounded set of meals. 

We have to pick our battles. There are things worth fighting for and things worth fighting. The attitude of "I don't care" is a tricky one. You can't turn your back on it too long because it may start with dinner, go to bath time, and end with a late bed time. With kids though they don't always sleep in when they have had a late night. Their internal clock still wakes them up before dawn. Then later in the day they may be irritable because they are tired and fighting or whining may ensue. 

Can I be honest? This isn't just with kids. Sometimes (and I'm being polite with that word) adults can play into the trickery of an "I don't care" attitude and cause all kinds of irritation. We need to fight against it where it counts. And when it doesn't matter, go ahead and have the bean dip for dinner. 

Do you find yourself fighting an "I don't care" attitude? What is a funny dinner food you have eaten because you didn't care?

No comments:

Post a Comment