Monday, February 16, 2015

Day 48 - Giving it all


"We leave it all out there. We spend and are spent. I guess you could say we go big and then go home (and crash)."

In any endeavor of life we should give it our all. Anything worth doing is worth doing well. I found out that in college if I wanted to get a passing grade all I had to do was show up and turn in all required work on time. Life is no less. If we show up and do what is required we will pass our days. 

The problem is that I don't want to just get by. I want to excel and thrive in life. I think we all want meaning and a greater purpose. Real purpose outlasts our time and goes on perpetually. For the Christian we see beyond the natural and finite into eternity. 

In a world of mediocre and halfheartedness we have to preach a radical gospel and live a radical life. Nothing less will do. In fact Jesus calls us to wholehearted commitment from the get go. Taking up your cross means you are headed to die. That is total commitment. 

What kills commitment? How can we invest everything into life?

No comments:

Post a Comment