Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Day 42 - Not so bad

"I don't think the actual event was as devastating as when the initial news was first announced. I think most of life is that way. We are more hurt by the news than the event because we fear, process, and then for the Christian we pray and get strengthened in faith."

I can remember times when news hurt. Once I even felt sick to my stomach when bad news came. Other times it felt like a slap in the face. No matter how bad the news though it seems that the anticipation of the events associated with the news is worse than the actual events. 

How many times have you been called to the office for a 'bad' meeting where the outcome was good? How many bad financial reports have come where you didn't know how you were going to make it and then another pay period rolled around and you were still standing? What about that devastating doctors report that you laugh at now because you are totally healed? 

Even if the event is as bad or worse than the news it still shouldn't bring you down. God is greater than our fears, our bills, the diagnosis and the events of life. Light will always overcome darkness. The smallest light in the blackest darkness still shines. 

Have you had news that took your breath away? How did God bring you through the events that followed? 

2 comments:

  1. JFK, the Challenger explosion, 911, cancer reports, spotting that could have meant a miscarrage, a car overturned in a canyon in the middle of the night, ... I could name so many but God was there through it all. He comforted me, got me through it, taught me through and I can look back and see His will and way through it all. Through these things He has changed me and made me stronger, not weaker with the wear of them. He is a good God.

    ReplyDelete