Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Day 36 - Compassion

"There was a guy that wanted to wash our windshield on our car for money who I found out was in the process of an SPT at church. I invited him back to church and then watched as the employee asked him to leave the parking lot. We minister in a tough city. It is interesting to me how many people pass through our church. And probably not just our church but all the churches."

Tonight my wife preached a great message about Good Works. We don't do good works to be noticed or to feel good but because we are displaying the love of God. I found it appropriate that this was in my journal from last year on this day. 

One of the motivations for our good works is a compassion for people. I remember talking with this guy in the parking lot and really wanting him and his wife to get back to church. I knew he would grow and be helped if he would put in the effort to come. It broke my heart to watch as an employee of the store we were at ask him to leave. 

Church is a place where all are welcome. We open the door with loving acts of service. In other words, good...works. 

How can we have compassion on others? what are some practical good works we can do to reach others? 

No comments:

Post a Comment