Saturday, February 14, 2015

Day 46 - No Complaints

After playing a game of golf with some godly men I wrote this thought last year:

"We made a pact that there would be no complaining. A good hit was not to be looked down on even if it wasn't the desired result. And a bad hit wasn't to be complained about even if we were disappointed. Oh that we could carry that attitude into our entire life."

I know that there are times when I say things because it is the thing to do. If someone is playing golf and hits the ground with their swing I say "You hit the big ball first." If my kids say "Daddy it hurts when I do this" I say "Don't do that." These may be funny things to say but if I am honest I am only saying them because I heard my parents or friends say these things. They are an automatic response. 

The danger here is that complaining may be an automatic response from our flesh. God doesn't like complaining either. So if we are saying things from an automatic response that God doesn't like we are quenching the Spirit and don't even know it. 

We guide our lives with our tongues like a ships rudder (check out James chapter 3). I don't want to steer myself into complaining or complacency. How much greater a life that speaks the best and steers us into the good things of God?

Do find it easy to complain? How can we speak better things over our lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment