Monday, October 26, 2015

Day 300 - A Shared Life

"They are in a similar period of life as we are."

I don't know too many people who don't like having others share in their life experiences. The joys and trials we have are too much to keep to one's self. There are proverbs from many cultures that could be summed up and brought together to say that a joy shared is doubled and a sorrow shared is halved. 

We search for our place with others. Recently a friend of mine was talking with his wife and said he wished he had someone who he could just call and hang out with or go to a movie with. When I heard what he said I made it my aim to do just that and we had a great time when we finally got together. He recently returned the favor by encouraging me and praying for me in a tough time. 

The Bible tells us that when you have friends you have to be friendly. That means you invest in the relationship. You stay in touch. Celebrate what they are celebrating and hurt when they hurt. You also have to let people in to your life. I have been guilty of holding back more than I should. I feared the risk of being hurt of I opened up too much. After years of faithful friendship I have been able to pull out the stops and let people in more and more as they have built trust and have been patient with me while I grew int his area. 

Life is better shared. If you need some good friends I would encourage you to start your search in church. There you will find like minded and faith filled friends. Pray and ask God to direct you to the right people. He will!

What do you enjoy about sharing life with friends? What makes a good friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment