Saturday, October 24, 2015

Day 298 - You Win Some You Lose Some

"No responses to the altar call but that is okay, I won't cast away my confidence (as I preached today!)."

This day last year was quite a contrast. As I read over my day I realized that I did some things well and other things not so well. Even with all that it wasn't a loss. We still had family time despite my bad attitude at one point. Even though the altar call had no responses I read several miraculous answers to prayer in the church service. 

As I look over the past year I see that there are tough days and great days. Highs and lows and everything in-between. Life in this world is designed to bring us down. Strength is limited by age, there will always be more need than resource and we are warring with our own flesh and the spiritual host of evil we don't see. 

With all that we desperately need to realize that we should never give up. On our worst day when we have fought and lost we are still more than conquerors. When things don't turn out in our favor or we did everything right and everything went terribly wrong God is still working all things together for our good. 

Just yesterday there was a huge cyclone headed for Mexico. We got the word from one of our pastors to pray and we did! This morning my wife told me that the cyclone had downgraded overnight to be a tropical storm and even though there could be some flooding there would be no loss of lives. 

Be encouraged. God is good continually and He never changes. The circumstances good or bad while we are here on the earth are subject to change. We will have the mountaintop experiences and the valley seasons. Don't ever give up or cast away your confidence.

Have you seen days like this? What keeps you going through the tough times?

No comments:

Post a Comment