Monday, October 12, 2015

Day 286 - Dreams I Don't Remember

"I had dreams of being in Japan at these buildings by a sea which is much like Mono lake."

I don't remember this dream. At all. The only reason it has any place is because I wrote it down. I do know what Mono Lake looks like. I have never been to Japan but I am sure I could draw a picture of what I think this dream would have looked like. 

Why am I saying all this?  Good question. Here is a question for you, are there dreams (and not the ones you have while you're asleep) that you have forgotten? 

We all have had desires and have imagined our life as successful or different than what we are living. The problem is that we forget and never get to the point of making those dreams a reality. 

So how do we do it? First of all on a practical level write it down. Give as much detail as you can. Thoughts, images, emotions, action plans and any other thing you can think to record get it down. 

Second you have to go back to it. If you write it down and never go back to it then it is just like you never wrote it down. Remember and rehearse what you dream is. Talk to others about it. Set goals and write those down to. Make reminders in a calendar or have someone keep you accountable to a time table. 

Finally just get going on your dream. Small steps toward your goal is still progress. Make an effort. Save money for it. Get what you need in supplies, information, resources or teams built. It won't be long before there is momentum and you are able to achieve your goals. 

No more forgotten dreams. Now it is time to live your dreams. 

Is there a dream that you forgot but in reading this post came back to you? Write it down and make an action plan. What do you need to know and do to achieve your dream? 

No comments:

Post a Comment