Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year 2016

"A new year and new things are happening. It was weird looking at last year's entry. Then to try and write a blog for it was just as weird. Hopefully I will get into a groove and the posts will get better. I have to grow as a writer if this is to be accomplished."

This seems to be an appropriate entry for the new year. I think I saw some growth in my writing abilities this past year. There were some posts I thought could be developed into something more. Some of them I did develop into messages I preached at our church. 

This year I am focusing on developing a new groove. There are new things happening in my life. I am only a few months into being a Senior Pastor and am learning what that means. Tonight my children stayed up until midnight for the first time (well, 2 out of 3). I am realizing that we are entering the tween years. Also the team we have and are building around us are mostly all new at what they are doing. 

What I think is great is that we are doing it together. What is life without sharing it with others? That is also part of the joy of writing this blog. 

Let me share some of the changes for Thoughts From Last Year. First of all I am going weekly. Every day was too much time for me because it is an extra. Most of the time I am writing late at night. I found that it started effecting my daily focus because I was tired and lagging. So I will try to stick to once a week. Second is a new look. The blue and the birds were getting old. Time for an update. Through the year I will develop it more. 

Personally I am seeking God's direction and vision as a leader, pastor, husband and father. I want to hear His voice and follow His direction closer and grow more deeply in love with Him. 

Feel free to share any of your goals for the coming year or any of your thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment